Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Foley China ~ Tea Cup Tuesday

Tea Cup Tuesday is here!

The cup that I've chosen for today is one of my favorites.


I love the lavendar color and the floral design.


Though I am sad, that it's missing much of its gold trim, but it is over 100 years old. I think this tea cup and saucer set was made sometime between 1897-1904. This is just a guess on my part, so I could be way off base.


I have a second teacup and saucer set and some plates in this same pattern.


Both the plate and saucer are stamped on the back "The Foley China". Foley was made by the Wileman company, which later became Shelley China.


Thank you for dropping in and visiting! Please visit Terri at Artful Affirmations for other Tea Cup Tuesday participants.  Have a great day!

8 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Michelle,
I adore your lavender transferware cup! It is just gorgeous! Imagine it looked with all the gold trim! I understand why you would love it to still be there. But it is still a totally gorgeous cup! I looked it up in Encyclopedia of British Pottery and Porcelain Marks" and the backstamp corresponds to 1892 + and was created by James and Charles Wileman under the name of Foley. The C and W on the mark must be for Charles Wileman. So I think you have the right idea about it's age.
Lucky you to have such a fine cup!
Happy 4th of July!
Hugs,
Terri

Snap said...

Oh, my! What a treasure! It is a gorgeous cup Love lavender! Happy Tea Day!

Princesa Nadie said...

Hello Michelle
I think we haven´t met before isn´t it? and this is our first time
I´m really happy meeting you as you have a pretty blog full of lovely tea cups and I adore them
Visiting you has been a pleasure
Hugs

Flora said...

I'd know the style and the value of this cup even if it were broken. It is fabulous, beautiful, even without gold trim :-)
I own a small collection of Victorian and Edwardian tea trio, I'm starting to show (I recently found out on tuesday tea cup), you may come to see me if you like this kind of cups :-)
Hugs from Italy
Flora

Ruthie Miller said...

What a special cup. Ever so lovely. Thank you for sharing it.
I hope you will come and visit Lady B and me at:
http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com/
(writing from the Northfork of Long Island)

Brenda said...

I love this beautiful Foley tea cup and saucer. Such a great color. Lavendar is soothing. By Terri's comment you have a real treasure.
Thank you for sharing it.
I truly enjoyed tea with you.
Brenda

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am your newest follower. I just for the Foley tea cup. The color is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Blessings, Martha

Donna Heber said...

Oh, I love your Foley teacup! I don't have any by this company so I will admire yours. Lavender is one of my favorite colors.