Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ardalt ~ Bavaria

Today's tea cup and saucer is this charming set made by Ardalt of Bavaria, Germany.


The vignette featured is of a woman, in a garden type setting with a small child, and her husband (or admirer!), looking on fondly as they play. Flowers are everywhere! The scene reminds me of Marie Antoinette and her "play cottage" at Versailles.


 I love the green color used on this set. It's very reflective with the light hitting it. The gold trim is in excellent condition. There's even a band of it on the interior of the cup.


Below is a picture of the matching dinner plate.


The dinner plate has this lovely, raised design around the edges. The saucer has a slightly different design around its edges. Dinner plate detail below.


Tea cup, saucer and dinner plate.


 All three are marked Ardalt, Bavaria, Germany No. 9012.


This week I'm linking up to:
Terri at Artful Affirmations and Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesdays
Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday


Thank you for stopping by!
~Michelle

7 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

Oh Michelle! That's a gorgeous cup and saucer! I really like the bold color. Just beautiful Thanks for sharing your treasure and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Michelle,
Your teacup and plate are so very lovely. Love the colour and especially the Victorian scene on them! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us and have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Gorgeous teacup! I love cups with vignettes. Delightful! Happy Tea Day!

Gina said...

That is such a pretty teacup! The green used is such a vibrant shade & I love the design.

Terri said...

Oh my this is a gorgeous set! What a fabulous blue and what beautiful scenery! How romantic to use this set for tea!
I don't think I have ever seen a set like this one.
Hugs,
Terri

Zaa said...

OMG ..What a gorgeous teaset... I do love Bavarian China... Please do visit me at the " Grand Lady " if you sit to see other Bavarian pieces of my own... Delightful post!!! Hugs

Unknown said...

I have a set that I am trying to price. Can anyone help?