Thursday, August 9, 2012

Vintage Finds

Last week, I attended the World's Longest Yard Sale.  The sale started on Thursday and lasted until Sunday. Though I loaded up on sunblock, I had too much sun on Thursday, which meant no yard sales for me on Friday. On Saturday, my mom and I hit the sales.

Here are some of the things that I found.

First up, is Anchor Hocking's Fire King. I found this sweet little bowl for fifty cents. It's the perfect size for beating eggs in.


Next is a set of four Fire King tea trays with matching cups. All are in excellent condition for their age. AH made this Primrose pattern from 1960-1962.


And I even scored the matching creamer. No sugar bowl though.


From the same vendor as the tea trays, I bought this Kodak Starflash Brownie camera. This camera was made from March 1957 to June 1965.


And I found it in its original box, which as you can see is very dirty. I haven't cleaned any of my finds yet. Everything always looks better once cleaned!


Inside the box was this instruction manual for the Kodak Duaflex II camera.


Now, my favorite thing that I bought last weekend is this three shelf, cart on wheels, trolley. I love it and I only paid $2.50 for it. I'll be taking it apart soon {the shelves are screwed into place} and repainting it. I haven't decided on what color yet, but probably not white. It looks a little too hospital-ly with the white shelves for me.



Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

I'm linking up to The Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great stash - can't believe you found that rolling cart for only $2.50. I NEVER find bargains like that LOL

Brenda said...

WOW! You have made some wonderful discoveries in the yard sales. AWESOME! They're all so very unique. I do love the tea tray and tea cups. Those are very special. But I especially love the camera. My mother has one something like it. I remember when she used it. It great that yours was in it's own box and with instructions. I'd say two thumbs up. And I can't wait to see what color your choose for the cart.
Very nice.
Brenda

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'm jealous of your Longest Yard Sale adventure:-) You sure founds some great treasures. Love the Fire King and I'm sure you'll find the sugar bowl out there somewhere. I agree that the cart would look better with some color on it. Thanks for sharing.

Keetha Broyles said...

I have 5 party snack plate/cup sets - - - but mine are clear glass and not the printed variety. I remember my mom using them to entertain the women's group from church.

So far I've only used mine once to entertain my HS girlfriends who came to town for our 40th reunion.

About your cart - - - those were in nearly EVERY KITCHEN in the late 50's and early 60's. They were called a utility cart and people stored things like pitchers that wouldn't fit easily into a cupboard on them.

LV said...

Always wanted to go to that sale. You did very well by going.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What wonderful finds! I especially like the little tea trays and teacups, so cute! I have a set of clear glass ones like yours, but yours are cuter! Thanks for sharing.
Nancy

Antiques And Teacups said...

Great set of tea and toasts! Cool! Great finds. You must have had a great time!
Happy VTT!
Ruth

Gina said...

What wonderful finds! I love the tea trays & would have snatched them up too. That cart is another great find...very versatile.