Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tea Cup Time


Today's tea cup and saucer features a lovely floral design. The iris is pink with a little touch of lavender and pale green stems.


I love the silver trim. I believe these are the only ones I have with a silver trim.


These dishes once belonged to my mom's oldest sister, so they have a special place in my heart.


The manufacturer is Universal Cambridge, Camwood Ivory. I believe they were in business from the 1930s-1950s.


The picture below shows some of the dishes I have in this pattern. Not shown are the dinner plates, the smaller plates, dessert bowls and soup bowls. The only item missing is the tea pot/coffee pot.


Finally, one of my rose bushes decided to bloom. I'm so excited.


I really enjoy photographing flowers, especially ones I grow.


And the soul of the rose went into my blood,
As the music clash'd in the hall;
And long by the garden lake I stood,
For I heard your rivulet fall
From the lake to the meadow and on to the wood,
Our wood, that is dearer than all;
--Excerpt from "Maud" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)





Thanks for stopping by!

I'm linking up to Terri at Artful Affirmations and Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday.
I'm also linking up to Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday.

10 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Michelle,
Your iris china is very pretty! It is a treasure too having been passed down to you from your aunt. You have some very lovely pieces of it! Thank you for sharing it with us and joining me for tea today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I forgot to mention how beautiful your rose is! How nice to have roses blooming. Mine are all gone for another year.

Unknown said...

My mother's china has a silver trim around it too. I love your roses.

Gina said...

Another lovely teacup! It's so nice to see an iris for a change, instead of the traditional roses one usually sees on a teacup.

Terri said...

Beautiful! I love the poetry very much : )
Your aunt's china is very lovely...so fresh! The cream colored plate and the pretty pastels really look fab. I have not seen this company before, so I am delighted to see it.
Your rose bush is really beautiful too, the color of pink so sweet and the flower so gorgeous. I too love to photograph roses.
Hugs,
Terri

Donna Heber said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm so glad you stopped by. Your floral teacup and dish set are gorgeous! How lovely with the silver trim. Beautiful rose bush and love that shade of pink. Have a great week.

Clara said...

your iris china is so pretty and you are so lucky to have such a pretty pink rose blooming.
~Clara

Brenda said...

Good morning, Michelle! I can't believe I have missed a couple of your tea parties!! Last weeks cup and saucer is BEAUTIFUL! I love the vibrant blue and gold, with just a dash of little flowers. And I love the ironstone. Blue tends to be my favorite color...
This weeks tea is very special too for I LOVE Iris'. These are my mothers favorite flower. I love the soft white with the silver trim. I believe this is my first viewing of a teaset with silver trim. It's STUNNING and with the soft color of the flowers just makes it a DELIGHT!! I love your full set, especially the gravy boat. Yea, your time has put a smile on my face today.
Have a wonderful, WONDERFUL day!
Brenda

Brenda said...

OH, about your roses....GORGEOUS!! And I LOVE this color pink. ANOTHER SMILE ON MY FACE!
Hugs,
Brenda

xinex said...

Your teacup set is lovely, in fact, the whole dinenrware set is really pretty, very sweet in color, just like your gorgeous roses!...Chrisytine