Thursday, June 30, 2011

Magazine Copy Cat Challenge!

There's a magazine copy cat challenge afoot!


It all started at Debbiedoo's blog and if you click on the blog link, you can see what the other copycats are up to.


I love magazines. They're full of so many great ideas and I always find inspiration between the pages whether it's Victoria Magazine or Vogue. So after deciding to participate, I had to find an image I wanted to re-create. There were so many, it was really hard to narrow it down to just one.


The magazine photo I chose to imitate was shot outside. So I thought, I'll do this outside, but then I didn't like the way the pictures turned out.


So I thought... hmmm... maybe I should try this inside.



Here is the original page from the May/June, 2010 issue of Victoria Magazine:


Below is my inside version. I switched the fruit to strawberries and since I didn't have a taller jar with a lid, I used a vase. The only thing I had to buy were the flowers.



Thanks for stopping by and having a peek! And thanks also to Debbie for hosting this event!

11 comments:

CailinMarie said...

wow! I think your photo shoot turned out beautifully!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Michelle, I was on you site early this morning but blogger was giving me a fit and wouldn't let me leave a comment. So I going to try this again.

I love your inspiration photograph and I'm amazed at how you were able to capture the same feeling. Hopping over from Debbiedoo's Magazine Copy Cat Challenge.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. You are very good copy cat. I actually like that you used strawberries instead of cherries..great pop of color. Thanks for sharing, and I will be doing this fun challenge again.

bj said...

G'morning...you did a great job on your copy cat. Isn't it so much fun!! :)
Oh, and I just signed up to follow. Come by when you can.
xo bj

Jo said...

Looks so lovely,and so inviting!..your copy cat is great!..I'm thinking I could just sit right down, pour me a cup of coffee and enjoy those lovely strawberries!
Thanks for sharing!
~Jo
lazyonloblolly

Maggie said...

Great take on the Victoria layout, hasn't this been a fun challenge?

Miss Kitty said...

Hi! I saw your blog post over at Debbie's magazine copy cat challenge...you did a great job of setting your table like the magazine picture. I love your photos...thanks for sharing them. I am following you now.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I thought you did a great job capturing the feeling of the magazine photo. Coming over from Debbie's party and I'm a new follower.

laxsupermom said...

Love your still life, the strawberries are the perfect pop of color for your version! Thanks for sharing.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great copy photo. I love it. This was a fun challenge.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Oh my, you are wonderful at this! I love your breakfast table kind of combinations. The sharp colors of the flowers and the bright sun contrasting with the vintage books. Mm, mm, I love it.

Thanks for sharing.