Monday, January 24, 2011

"Bewitched" by Fashion~ Serena's Style~

"Bewitched", which aired from 1964 to 1972, is definitely at the top of my list of all time favorite TV shows. Samantha, and her cousin Serena, were both played by the talented Elizabeth Montgomery.

Now, as an adult, when I watch this show, I can't help but notice all of the terrific outfits, not only worn by Samantha, but by Serena as well. In fact, I get quite jealous when I see a hip outfit that I'd love to be wearing today on Sam.

Serena, being a free spirit, dressed even more divinely than Samantha.


Note this pink dress with it's short length and long flirty sleeves. Hmmm... maybe I should learn how to use a sewing machine and then I could make a dress like this...


Since it's winter right now and I can't see my grass for the snow piled on top of it, I thought I'd write about Serena's winter fashions.


Here Serena wears a tasteful animal striped coat with black collar and matching black gloves. I love these winter coats. They're all made so short, but then the outfits are completed with knee-high boots.


Check out those fake eyelashes and eye shadow!


I love the 60s decorations that spring up behind her in these photos. Her coat is neutral, but accented with the gray via the collar and cuffs. Note also, her small gray purse on the desk.


This coat has to be my favorite. It looks like it's made out of tweed. I feel warm and snug just looking at it.


I love the matching hat, black gloves and fur-topped black boots that complete this ensemble.


Oh my stars! Check out the living room behind Serena. I'm not sure which season of Bewitched this still is from. Due to the couch's fabric, bright floral, I'd say close to the 70s, if not in the 70s.

Well, that's it for this episode of winter fashion I love from "Bewitched", Serena style. Let's call this part one, because I will now have to blog about Samantha's clothes and she was in every single episode...!!!

2 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Bewitched was my favorite show growing up! And I still love it! You're so right...There were some really cool clothes! I wanted to BE Samantha in the worst way lol! Who didn't dream of tweaking thir nose and making their dreams come true? Vanna

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Oh my goodness, you found one of my weaknesses! I, too, LOVED that show. I always wished I was born a witch, but magic is all around if we just tune into it. Thanks for the great memories today.