Monday, November 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love to cook, but I love, love, love to bake! I can easily spend hours in the kitchen either cooking or baking, especially during November and December. The only thing I don't like is the clean-up!

Way back in the 1990s, I made countless chocolate chip cookies in my search for the perfect recipe and never found one I truly liked. So I played around in the kitchen and came up with my own recipe.

 
I've been sharing this recipe for years with family, friends and co-workers. If you decide to make these, I hope you enjoy them!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1 bag of chocolate chips
hot water*

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the two sugars.
3. Add butter and mix until smooth.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
6. Stir in vanilla
7. Stir in baking soda and salt.
8. Add chocolate chips and mix well.

Round the cookie batter into desired sizes and place on an ungreased cookie/bake sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Let the cookies sit for about 1 minute after removing from oven.
Move cookies from hot sheet to cooling rack.

*If the dough becomes too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of hot water to the mix.

 
I get about 4 dozen or so cookies from this recipe. If you enjoy a nutty kind of cookie, then don't be afraid to add walnuts, macademia nuts or pecans to the mix. If you like salty cookies, then increase the amount of salt. Don't go too crazy on the salt, though, as a little goes a long way.  

 
Thanks for your visit!






3 comments:

Janet said...

I love chocolate chip cookies and your recipe looks really delicious!

Gina said...

Yummmmm..I am always looking for a great chocolate chip cookie recipe. I will definitely be giving these a try.

Princesa Nadie said...

Delicious!!!!!
Meeting you is always a pleasure
Hugs