Way back in the 1990s, I made countless chocolate chip cookies in my search for the perfect recipe and never found one I truly liked. So I played around in the kitchen and came up with my own recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
1 bag of chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the two sugars.
3. Add butter and mix until smooth.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
6. Stir in vanilla
7. Stir in baking soda and salt.
8. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
Round the cookie batter into desired sizes and place on an ungreased cookie/bake sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Let the cookies sit for about 1 minute after removing from oven.
Move cookies from hot sheet to cooling rack.
*If the dough becomes too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of hot water to the mix.
Thanks for your visit!